Squids® Slips™ are perfect retrofit tool attachments for small hand tools to help reduce the risk of dropped objects and increase workplace safety. Connection points for tool lanyards can be tricky to find, especially on smaller hand tools like screw drivers and hex keys (Allen wrenches). While working at-heights, it is important to tether tools as part of your overall fall protection plan, but the lack of these connection points can make that difficult.
No additional install tools or complicated wrapping or shrinking! The patented Slips™ design requires a simple installation that follows its name. Simply “slip” the tool attachment on to the tool and connect a Squids® Tool Lanyard to complete your tethering system. Unlike competitors that offer a fitted cap that can cover up information (like on the end of a screwdriver, for example) these solutions leave the end open. The single piece design is easier to install compared to competitors that require two to three pieces to be assembled onto the tool.
Simply puncture the interior membrane of the Tool Slip and slide the attachment to the desired location. The star points of the attachment’s interior will hold its location and the swiveling exterior ring will provide a connection point for tool lanyards.
PERFECT FOR SMALL HAND TOOLS
Small hand tools have always been challenging to connect tool lanyards to. Screw drivers, small combination wrenches, punches, hex (Allen) wrenches and the like do not have captive connection points, and the low-profile designs can make it difficult for tapes, shrinks and tails to be applied. The Squids® Hand Tool Slips™ allow you to tether tools up to 1lb based on their diameter. Four sizes of Slips™ are compatible on tools with diameters ranging from 0.05” (1.3mm) to ½” (12.5mm). Check out the size chart for specific ranges per size.
- Patent-pending one-piece design easily slides onto smaltool hand tools without requiring additional tools to install or complicated wrapping or shrinking to apply
- Swiveling exterior ring spins 360-degrees allowing screwdrivers and other rotating tools to be used without issue
- ABS outer ring provides strength and durability in all environments, testing in hot, cold and wet conditions
- Flexible inner core grips tool after application securing it as an attachment pointfor a tool lanyard preventing dropped objects
- Available in four sizes compatible with tools ranging from 0.05” (1.3mm) to ½” (12.5mm)
- Maximum tethering capacity up to 1lb (0.45kg) dependent on size (review size chart for capacity information)
- Intended for singled use, discard after after removal and replace
- Color Black and Orange
Item has not been reviewed. Be the first to write a review for this item