DuPont -Tychem TK HazMat Fully Encapsulated Level A Coverall
Tychem® TK exhibits excellent chemical barrier properties and offers an extremely durable fabric that is puncture- and tear-resistant. Tychem® TK fabric shows at least 30 minutes of barrier protection to 322 challenge chemicals with no observed breakthrough. Tychem® TK is specifically developed for protection against toxic, corrosive gases, liquids and solid chemicals. This high-performance chemical barrier fabric is suited for industrial, HazMat, and domestic preparedness applications
- Certified compliant to the 2007 edition of NFPA 1994, Class 2 Standard on Protective Ensembles for First Responders to CBRN Terrorism Incidents by an independent third party certification organization.
- Class 2 garments are designed for situations where there is an immediate danger to life and health (IDLH) and must be worn with a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). This is the highest level of protection under the NFPA 1994 standard.
- Encapsulated Level A garment design is our highest level of protection from from liquid splash and vapor/gas exposures for both the wearer and respiratory equipment
- Double taped seams provide strong chemical resistance against heavy liquid splashes. A sewn seam is covered, both inside and outside of garment with compatible chemical-resistant material by heat-sealing.
- Expanded faceshield provides wide 220 degree viewing angle. EX faceshield is three-layer laminate composed of 40 mil PVC/5 mil Teflon® /20 mil PVC
- Front entry design allows wearer to partially don garment (maintain standby position) without assistance
- Expanded back to accommodate self-contained air breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Vapor tight zipper. Extra long to increase garment opening and aid donning and doffing
- Storm flap covers zipper which can be secured by the wearer with rugged hook and loop material to prevent intrusion at zipper
- Attached internal Ansell® Barrier® gloves composed of five layer laminate film for a broad range of chemical protection
- Neoprene gloves provide mechanical and physical durability to help protect inner Barrier® glove
- Integrated socks composed of garment material
- Attached flaps are designed to cover boot tops to help reduce potential for liquid intrusion
- Two exhaust valves release higher pressure inside encapsulating garments while simultaneously helping to prevent inward leakage of external vapors or particles into the garment. One-way valves are positive pressure and open on demand. Valves include splash covers made of barrier material to help prevent liquid intrusion. Valves are located on left back of head and right lower back.
- Internal adjustable waist belt system for support and improved fit
- Each suit has a unique serial number and is fully tested at time of manufacture including positive air pressure integrity testing per ASTM F1052.
- Trade Agreement Act (TAA) compliant
*Custom Made to Order - Minimum of 3 Months Lead time